Drug Costs – Coupons – Assistance from the Manufacturer
If one has Part D Rx, the manufacturers cannot help out with the costs. One might consider dropping Part D or if you have Medicare Advantage Plan, finding one that doesn’t include Part D. We CANNOT advise you to do this. It’s beyond our pay grade and we are mandated to tell you about the penalty if you don’t purchase Part D.
Get information on federal, state, and private assistance programs in your area by visiting benefitscheckup.org.
So, these links are probably just for those on under 65 Health Care Plans.
Guide to Affordable Medicine
National MS Society.org Financial Assistance Programs
- The Assistance Fund 877-245-4412
- GoodDays 877-968-7233
- HealthWell Foundation 800-675-8416 *Medicare only
- Patient Advocate Foundation Co-Pay Relief Program 866-512-3861 *Medicare, Medicaid, Military only
- Patient Access Network Foundation (PAN) 866-316-7263 *Medicare only
RxAssist.org (claims to be the Internet’s most comprehensive directory of patient assistance programs)
national cml society.org
The intention for coupons is to steer patients away from cheaper generic alternatives and toward the brands that they produce. Experts estimate that brand drug manufacturers are spending between $3 billion and $6 billion annually on coupon programs. Anti-Kick Back and all. HHS Report Mfg safeguards might not prevent coupons for Part D Rx Legally, the use of drug co-pay cards and coupons by individuals with government funded health care and prescription drug benefits, such as Medicare and Medicaid, is prohibited by the federal anti-kickback statute.
(2) Whoever knowingly and willfully offers or pays any remuneration (including any kickback, bribe, or rebate) directly or indirectly, overtly or covertly, in cash or in kind to any person to induce such person—
(A) to refer an individual to a person for the furnishing or arranging for the furnishing of any item or service for which payment may be made in whole or in part under a Federal health care program, or SSA.gov
Learn More ==>
Other pages in theSection
Medicare and You 2020 #10050
Everything you want to know
Different Parts of Medicare
Understanding your Medicare Choices
Medi Gap vs Medicare Advantage