My Care, My Choice helps people who have both Medicare and Medi-Cal explore health care coverage choices based on their location, their needs, and what they want from their coverage.
Unlike other websites, MyCareMyChoice.org isn’t run by a health plan or broker, and it doesn’t sell any products.
Our goal is simple: helping Californians with Medicare + Medi-Cal learn about their coverage options so they can make the best choice based on their unique needs.
The Advisor Tools page is designed to help the advocates, family members, caregivers, and service providers who help people with Medicare and Medi-Cal make health care decisions.
Can one get a Medi-Gap plan if they have Medi-Cal (Medicaid)?
our page on DUAL COVERAGE. for all types of different combinations of plans.
There are seven different categories of dual eligible beneficiaries to be considered:
- QMB (only) (Qualified Medicare Beneficiary) – Medicaid pays Medicare Part A and Part B premiums; cost sharing for Part A & Part B benefits.
- QMB Plus – Medicaid pays Medicare Part A & Part B premiums; cost sharing for Part A & Part B benefits; Full Medicaid benefits.
- SLMB (only) (Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary) – Medicaid pays Medicare Part B premium.
- SLMB Plus – Medicaid pays Medicare Part B premium; Full Medicaid benefits.
- QI (Qualifying Individual) – Medicaid pays Medicare Part B premium.
- Other FBDE (Full Benefit Dual Eligible) – Medicaid pays Medicare Part B premium; Full Medicaid benefits.
- QDWI (Qualified Disabled & Working Individual) – Medicaid pays Part A premium.
More detail on our Medicare Savings Program Page
Medicare and You 2020 #10050
Everything you want to know
Different Parts of Medicare - Video
Understanding your Medicare Choices
Medi Gap vs Medicare Advantage
How to sign up for Parts A & B
Is your test, service, or item covered?
Original Medicare Parts A & B
Medicare Advantage Plans & Part D Rx
Supplement Insurance (Medigap)
Low Income Help LIS